Friday, January 13, 2012

Warm up with some soup


I love soup. I like chopping each vegetable to put in the soup. I wanted to do a lentil soup, and when I saw 'Joy the Baker''s recipe for spicy lentil with chicken sausage I knew I was in luck. I didn't have chicken sausage, but I was able to find some chicken kielbasa as in Ina Garten's recipe. So away I went.
I didn't use Ina's tomato paste, leaks, or redwine. I didn't use Joy's sausage but used keilbasa. With those modifications, it was perfect for me and the fam.

One of my new years resolutions is to try more veggie dishes, and when soup is involved I get real excited. I have brussel sprouts on the list of veggies to make. I have never had them before, and I can't wait to try them out.

I really am wanting to make a tortilla soup or possibley a minestrone. I am a bit of a soup nut in the winter.
Warm up with some soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment