Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Bars and What's Been Up So Far's (okay nerdy I know)

So the blog has really been on the back burner lately. But all is good around these parts. Life takes unexpected twists and turns. Time is alot more scarce these days. I have been enjoying the fall so much this year. I have been discovering so many more pumpkin recipes. The newest in baking adventures is "Pumpkin Bars" adapted from my new fave cooking blog, "Joy the Baker." I added chocolate chips, omitted the nuts (allergies), and added coconut. They are oh so yummy. They stay moist, like a lemon bar, so don't worry if they come out soft, that's how they are to be.


I have been also slowing making progress on my submission to the "I'm A Giant" Challenge with Emily Henderson of Hgtv's Design Star. I so totally pumped for this. I been planning out what furniture needs to be made, and some touches that I will need to bring it all together. I knew I couldn't go big scale, I would never get it done by the deadline, December 15. The theme of my submission is a twenty something couple living in the city in their first apartment living a very eclectic lifestyle. I can't wait to get going on the furniture pieces. Assembling the rooms takes so long, with painting , sanding, and gluing. I finally got the pieces glued after several nights of painting. I now plan on sanding, touching up, working on window seals, flooring this week. I hope to get to work on the furniture this weekend. Knock on wood. I have been working on some new embroidery pieces that I sell locally, as well as planning for the holidays. Whew.
I love it all though. These things get me excited.
Here is the progress so far.


As you can see, there is very limited space. I am going to have a tiny kitchen area, small bedroom with a shower, and toilet, and well a small city apartment. I will take some work, but I think I can make it happen.
Well, off to the library we go. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment