Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What the...

Wow, I have just not been much of a bloggy mood lately. Life has busy, and quite tiring these days. I have been spending my evenings working more on my house. Staining and cutting angles for window trims. Right now I am in think mode on what I want these too look like. Are they studio apartments? Is this a townhouse? I think once I pick a theme I can get a better vision. I'm so anxious to move forward but am in think mode. It's fun nontheless. I mean, I get to design my own place for a fraction of the cost.




I made some amazing coffee cake the other day. I can't find the link to it, but lets just say , this one's going in the book. Do you have a book? I have a recipe book that I write my personal fave's in. Once I come across one I love, I want to make sure I can make it time and time again. Then I put it in my stack of little cookbooks under the sink. This recipe is super duper easy. I made it the day before so that I could just wake up and enjoy it. I will have to keep looking for the link to give credit, but here's how to make it.
1/2 cup of softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 3/4 cup sour cream, I used 2
The Topping (I doubled, do double I tell you!)I will give you the ingrediants double.
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
Prepare the toppings first, then preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour the pan. I used an 8 by 8 inch but you can use a bundt pan. Sift the dry ingredients. Combine the sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in the dry ingredients. Fold in sour cream. Pour half the batter in the pan and then top with half the topping. Pour remaining batter in pan then the other half of the topping.
Bake 45-50 minutes. Check toward the end depending on your stove, and when a toothpick comes out clean, it's ready to eat, or save for the morning.
You won't be disappointed.

Here's a pic of my handiwork. My brother said I'm turning into a little "Norm Abrams." He's a PBS carpenter, except I'm on a mini scale. I did the trim on the doors and stained it, and I put in base boards and painted them white. It's quite fun.
I can't believe it's Easter this sunday. We plan on doing a easter egg hunt in the morning. We have tradition of putting little toys, such as dollar store toys in plastic eggs and then they have to find them. I put candies and one toy in the basket for a little treat. I really do love easter candy. I love jelly beans, chocolate of course, and well, I think I just love candy.
I bought the Lykkie Li album "Youth Novels" on Itunes, and I seriously cannot stop listening. Her voice has similarities to Cindy Lopper, Joanna Newsome, just so pretty. I'm probably way off describing it, but the first time I heard one of her songs I thought of Cindy Lauper.
I plan on laying on the couch and watching another Hayao Myasaki movies. I can't remember the name now, but it looks good.
Well off to do my lying on the couch. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment