Friday, March 18, 2011

Toy Exhibit ....




We went to a toy exhibit at our history musuem. I have been wanting to go see this before it ended, so my husband took a day off, and we did a little field trip to the musuem today. Of course I love toys, so this was super exciting. I could stare in those cases for hours. I took some pics too.
We had fun there and then did a bit of shopping for some spring clothes for the kids. Then we went to a really fun toy shop in town that literally has like a ton of Playmobil toys. We love Playmobil. The best part is they sell the indivdual boxes of all diffrent characters for only $4 dollars. So the kids had fun picking out a person. My son found a magician that is pretty awesome.
We are having some amazing weather today. Summer weather.

Lastnight I started watching Princess Mononoke by Hayao Miyasaki. It is beautifully done. I have to finish it this weekend. It is over 2 hours long. After a long week, I started to fall asleep. The story line is quite interesting. The forest is warring against the humans that are taking over their land. It is definitly not a kid cartoon, but for adults.

We also rented "Legend of the Guardians" for the kids. It look interesting enough. We like to do a movie night where we sit in front of the t.v. and eat dinner, and then popcorn. The kids love it. I found some plaid t.v. trays at the thriftstore last year, three too, that they can sit with.

I hope to get some more painting done on my dollhouse this weekend, and possibly assembling. I want to do another coat on the outside. I have been really liking the idea of making my own dollhouse furniture. I love small scale things so I thought it would interesting to experiment with. I went looking for books in this arena when I came across "The New Dollshouse Do-It-Yourself book." It sounds like something that will be a really big help. I found it used online, so I can't wait to check it out. I recently came across Lene Dragon on Flickr ,and her amazing creations. Her bachelor pad kitchen is simply amazing. You would never know it is miniature. Seriously check it out!

Have a great Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. Just had a look at Lene's bachelor pad...Wow!
    Looks like a real person could live in it!

    Glad you're getting some sunshine and even happier that we are starting to FINALLY get some cooler weather here (it's been a long dry,hot Summer!)

    Have a terrific weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kylie. What a difference sunshine can make! You have a great weekend as well ;)

    ReplyDelete