Friday, January 21, 2011

Well Hello Friday

Holy Moly, it's Friday? I have been a different realm lately. With snow surrounding us, there are alot of bored kids in this house. This means play-doh, puppet shows, drawing, and of course our normal stuff have kept me quite busy this week. I'm still here. I have really been on relax mode after the holidays and birthdays. As soon as the kids go to bed I have been flopping on the couch reading a book or cross-stitching. It has been wonderful.

I'm in a bit of a stand still with a project I have been working on. I started the picture and I can't figure out where I want to go next. But you know, I like to ponder on a piece for awhile until I get the exact image I want. That is when I really truly produce exactly what I want.

I love to sew. I recently learned from Amy Karol that my fave author/seamstress Wendy Mullin is coming out with another book. It's called "Built by Wendy Coats and Jackets." I am really excited about this one. I tried to make a coat a year or more ago, and something went wrong, because it just buttons up all wonky. I hope this can give me some good direction. Wendy's books are my favorite.

I got some new miniatures this week! I did not realize that Hallmark was putting out miniature Fisher Price toys from the 70's. I was super thrilled, and went to several Hallmarks to check the clearance. I was told they had sold out quite fast. So I headed to the bay and was super excited to get a couple. I'm still holding out hopes of getting the school bus from last year!
Here's some shots I took this morning.





I have to take a written test tommorrow to renew my license. I have been studying all week. I haven't taken a test in ages, so for some reason I'm all anxious.

Oh and I got some bangs last weekend. I really am enjoying something different.

I never can get a good shot of myself, so the bangs don't need to smile ;)

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment