Thursday, May 13, 2010

Almost There




So I'm almost there. I have been so tired in the evenings lately, I have been working at a snails pace. We are busy wrapping up a school year with my son and we are ready for a summer break in a couple of weeks. I hope to get alot of crafting time this summer. I need to do some more finishing touches to my "Vintage Circus" themed pieces. I had a whole cluster of ideas the past couple of weeks (and thanks to my husbands creative mind) I was able to bust our a bunch of ideas. I have a whole process I work through. I kind of stew on the idea, then I start some sketches (planning colors, materials), and then I get to work embroidery, and then finally painting the hoops the accent colors. I need to do some more details and then paint the hoops, and I'm well on my way. I have been having fun thinking of animals dressed up doing different acts. Too much fun! If your in the New York area, be sure to check out the "Lost At Sea" show at Gallery Hanahou. I have been excited to see glimpses of the opening night of the show and all the faces with their pieces. I wish I could go. If you go to their
website
you can check out everyone's pieces and purchase them right there as well. Pretty nifty set up. Well I'm off to get a much dreaded check-up at the doctors. I very rarely go. I can't stand the doctors. Ugh!

3 comments:

  1. I love your vintage circus pieces! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turtle is awesome! He reminds me of the turtle in The Never Ending Story! I'm just waiting for him to sneeze!

    Morgen

    ReplyDelete