Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Heart Cross Stitch and A Tutorial








Okay, so Mr. Groundhog has predicted six more weeks of winter. So I might as well have some fun with these sweaters that are sticking around. I love to cross stitch. I have been wanting to cross stitch on my sweaters for awhile now, and what better of a time than an extended winter. Here's what you need to do:
1. Find a pic that you want to cross stitch on you sweater. I used a skull with a bow from my fave book, " Hop, Stitch, Jump." I ordered my from my fave store in Seattle " Kinokuniya Bookstores." Plan it by using graph paper or the book as suggested.
2. You will need stabilizer, embroidery thread, embroidery needle, sweater, image to cross stitch.
3. Place the stabilzer inside the sweater where you want to put the image. You can keep this stationary by doing a hand stitch roughly to hold it on and you can clip this off later.
4. Use each knit section as your grid. The part that looks like an arrow. I have a close up pic to see this.
5. Cross stitch away. (I seperated a six strand embroidery thread to only three, six is too bulky).
6. Finished.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any questions be sure to ask. It adds a nice touch to sweaters, jackets, pants, bags, just about anything.

1 comment:

  1. that looks great! i love cross stitch but never done any on clothes xxx

    ReplyDelete