Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Marry Me Jenny




It was a chilly day and my boyfriend Jeremy told me to dress nice we were going to get away for the day. I wasn't quite sure what was in store but he was always full of exciting surprises. We got in the car and drove the hour from Springfield, Missouri to St. Louis. He asked me if I wanted to go up to the top of the St.Louis arch. Of course , I was so excited. We made our way inside and waited in line for our turn to go to the top. We arrived at the top and Jeremy got out his binoculars for me to look at the city below. When I looked out there was a huge banner that said," Marry Me Jenny." He was down on one knee. Oh so magical, I said yes. Little did I know that he had been planning this for weeks. He got guys in his dorm to paint the big banner. Also, his buddies had been following us the whole way to St. Louis with the banner and were furiously finding cones to hold it down in time for the big question. We were married June 6,2001. With my husband there is never a dull moment. He is musical (guitar, mandolin, keyboard, drums, glockenspeel, learning to play the saw), artistic, mechanical (rebuilds moped engines), funnest dad ever, and sweetest husband ever. It's funny how pictures bring back a flood of memories and the same feelings I had nine years ago are just as fresh today.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww that is such a sweet story! I got lil chills! Very tricky - "dress nice" lol

    I found your blog from flickr (the craft swap) I'm excited about it - I hope my partner is too :) What are you making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you came to visit. I plan on making a three dimensional embroidery project involving balloons(fake). I need to take a picture here soon. It will be traveling to London.

    ReplyDelete