Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Front Page Feature



I found out some exciting news this evening that I was featured on the front page of Etsy. I was very honored. I have had so much fun making these little forest friend stockings. I worked very hard all weekend to get them made in time for the coming holiday season. I am working on some new purse designs. I plan on working over the Thanksgiving break. I had talked about in an earlier post my awesome metal zippers I recently bought. Okay, the colors or so fun and funky. Bright reds, yellows, and blues. I can't wait to design some handb%ags using these. I have to save some for myself as well, I don't know if I will ever find zippers in these colors again. I am anticipating Hancock fabrics "Jingle Bell" sale that starts next Wednesday. They will be having zippers, buttons, and other such notions 50%. These are the sales that I stock up on all my notions. You really have to get the dates straight for Hancock. They start and stop sales in the middle of the week. They now have available on their site their store add. It makes it so much easier to mark my calendar for the sales. I am serious too, I do mark my calendar, otherwise I will totally forget, and not get my good deals. I hate paying full price for these things. That way I can make my prices not so expensive for my items. I need to start cranking out Christmas gifts her soon. I have such a dilemma with producing items for my shop, and producing items for Christmas gifts. I love to make handmade gifts. I just have to split up my time in the evening. It is fun to sort through my fabric and decide which colors and fabrics suite my family and friends. I love to make gifts so much more personal rather than buying a gift that was mass produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment