Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Things that I have been doing


Well I have been presently trying to finish halloween costumes. I was under the weather all weekend so the thought of staring at anything or sitting at a machine was out of the question. All I have left to do is make the head part to my littlest costume and complete. They are so funny looking as little cupcakes waddling around. I have been brain storming new ideas for my shop lately. I just need to get on the ball. Too many things in my head, such little time. I usually listen to pandora when I sew and I came across a band called "The Blow". They have a electronic feel to the music and the lead singer, a female has a very good voice. It is the type of music that gets you going and you want to sing along. Seriously check out my link. So good. My husband and I got a date for the first time in awhile. We had a nice quiet dinner, and then went to see the blockbuster hit " Paranormal." So freaky. I was squeezing my husbands arm the whole time. I have always had a major fear of the paranormal. As a child I saw the movie " Poltergeist" way too young. I would pray at night that I would never see a ghost. Great one to see at the theater, very fun.. Oh, a great one to rent, " Brother's Bloom." It has a full cast Adrienne Brody, Mark Ruffalo, and Rachel Weisz. Such a good movie. On another note I keep wanting to try so many other crafts lately, but they do take awhile to learn. I have a desire right now to do metal working. I would love to learn how to hand engrave jewelry pieces with pictures and things. It looks like so much fun. As of right now I have been reading up on screen printing. My husband bought me a screen printing kit a few years ago, but until now have I had much time to fiddle with it. I have been reading the instructions over and over, now I just have to get some acetate and a 150 watt bulb and I am on my way. Well, first I need to figure out what I want to print. I need to brain storm. "Must finish halloween costume," zombie voice.


"

No comments:

Post a Comment